- May 13, 2020 | 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Location: 5638 Goddard, Shawnee, KS 66203
- Coordinator: Stephen Sprague
We will be holding a brief communion service Wednesday evening in our building. With Johnson County moving ahead with reopening plans, the elders believe it is good and appropriate to provide in-person worship services for our people. We are not ready yet to gather as a larger body on Sunday mornings, but we can provide a smaller, briefer service on Wednesday evenings, which includes the Lord's Supper.
In order to be as safe as possible for our congregants and be good neighbors to our community, we ask every attending member to follow carefully social distancing guidelines while at church. Here is our plan for the Wednesday evening service:
- We will offer four identical services, beginning at 6:30pm, at 30 minute increments.
- The service will consist of a brief time of prayer, a brief Scripture meditation, the singing of a hymn, and receiving the Lord's Supper.
- In order to ensure the safest environment, we ask people to sign up ahead of time. Here is the sign-up form, which will be available until Tuesday, May 12, noon.
- Non-communing children are welcome, but must remain under the supervision of their parents the entire time they are at the building.
- Always maintain six feet between your family (or yourself) and others. It will be tempting to go hug people or shake hands, but the distance is important to maintain throughout the evening.
- Communion elements will be provided in pre-packaged kits for each person participating.
- Masks are recommended, but we acknowledge that one cannot partake in communion while wearing a mask. Therefore, maintaining social distancing is of utmost importance.
- Those with vulnerabilities are encouraged to stay home.
- Those with symptoms of illness are asked not to attend.
- Procedures will be implemented to ensure the cleanliness of the facility.
This plan is a genuine effort to do everything we can to provide a safe environment for worship; nevertheless, as you know, there is no way to eliminate all risk associated with the current COVID-19 crisis. We trust each person, especially those who are in the more vulnerable category, to make a careful decision about attending at this time.
Lord willing, we will continue this Wednesday evening Communion Service beyond one week, and we will be able to return to in-person services on Sunday mornings soon.
Again, here is the sign-up form. Let us know if you plan to join us.