- Two Ways of Life Compared: The Righteous vs. The Sinners
- Feasting with Jesus: What do we do with our sin?
- Compassionate Because We Are Loved in Christ
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion
- Read Mark 2:13-17. What stands out to you in this passage? Why would Levi choose to follow Jesus? Why were there many tax collectors and sinners following Jesus?
- Who do you identify with in this passage: the “sinners,” the scribes, or Jesus? Why?
- Why would the scribes address the disciples instead of Jesus? What are the scribes concerned about?
- Who are the “well” and the “righteous” Jesus speaks about in verse 17? If you consider yourself to be “sick” and a “sinner” how would you treat other people?