MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Hebrews: The Greatness of Christ
- Inheritance Requires Death
- Cleansing Requires Death
- Receiving the Promised Inheritance
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Hebrews 9:15-22. Have you ever received an inheritance? What were the circumstances?
- What is the “promised eternal inheritance” mentioned in verse 15? Consider Romans 4:13-24 to help understand the “promise.”
- Why is death required for an inheritance? Why is death required to receive the inheritance promised by God?
- How is death related to cleansing? Why is shed blood the only means of forgiveness? Couldn’t God forgive sins without blood?
- Who received the promise of eternal inheritance? What is calling? What is our responsibility within the call?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Hebrews 9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. (ESV)