MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
What’s Next For Oak Hills?
- The Danger
- The Cure
- The Path Forward
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Philippians 3:1-16. This is a well-loved passage by Christians. Why?
- What connection is there between the warnings of verse 2 and Paul’s discussion of counting all things as loss?
- What does is mean to put confidence in the flesh? In what ways are you tempted to put confidence in the flesh?
- Why is knowing Christ Jesus far more valuable than anything else? What does the word “count” mean in verses 7 & 8? What’s involved in counting something as “rubbish”?
- What is Paul saying in verse 12-14? What’s the goal that we press onto? In what ways do you “press on”?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Philippians 3:8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him. (ESV)