MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Christmas Through the Eyes of Jeremiah
- Promises Not Forgotten
- An Eternal King, Eternal Priest
- Our Place in These Promises
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Jeremiah 33:10-18. What is promised in these verses? How are the singing in verse 11 and the prosperity of 12-13 connected with the “righteous Branch” of verse 15?
- Why might the Israelites think that God would forget or neglect his promise with David (cf. 2 Samuel 7)? What is the significance of the imagery of a “Branch springing up”?
- Consider the name given to Jerusalem in verse 16, “The Lord is our righteousness,” in light of 1 Corinthians 1:30 and 2 Corinthians 5:21. What is the salvation “Judah” will experience? How does Jesus fulfill this?
- Are these promises only for descendants of Abraham or are they for all of the nations? Explain.
Memory Verse of the Week:
Jeremiah 33:15 In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David, and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. (ESV)