MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Hebrews: The Greatness of Christ
- The Necessity of Discipline
- Our Response to Discipline
- The Benefits of Discipline
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Hebrews 12:3-11. In this passage, what is discipline? Is it more than punishment? Explain.
- How did your parents “discipline” you growing up? In what ways did this discipline benefit you?
- Why would God discipline the one he loves? How can love cause pain?
- According to verses 10-11, what are the benefits of the discipline of the Lord? How can these benefits motivate you to “be subject” to the Father?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Hebrews 12:11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (ESV)