MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
The Power of Grace
- Where Sin Goes, Grace Overcomes
- The Power of Sin in Our Minds
- The Power of Grace in Our Minds
- The Mind Stayed on Grace
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read 1 Peter 1:13-25. Actually, read 1 Peter 1:1-12 first. Verses 3-12 is one sentence in the Greek. What is communicated in this opening? How does it impact the command of verse 13 and the call to holiness in verse 15?
- Pay attention to the words related to the mind in verses 13-25. What do you find? What do we learn about the mind? How does sin create or feed our “former ignorance” (cf. Rom. 1:18-23)?
- How does the grace of the gospel transform our minds? Make note of what is said in verses 18 & 22-23.
- Verse 13 gives us a vision of a mind stayed on grace. What is involved in “setting our hope fully on grace”? How do you “prepare your mind for action”?
Memory Verse of the Week:
1 Peter 1:13 Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. (ESV)