MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
The Power of Grace
- The Desperate State of Sin
- The Transformed Walk in Christ
- The Righteous Fruit of Truth
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Ephesians 4:17-24. Who are the “Gentiles”? Is Paul speaking about ethnicity? How do we know?
- What do we learn about the “walk” of these Gentiles? How are the mind, the heart, and the walk related? In other words, how does hardness of heart and ignorance lead to sinful living?
- What is different for us in Christ (v. 20-24) compared with the Gentiles of v. 17-19? How do we do verses 22-24 (“put off,” “be renewed,” & “put on”)?
- Consider the list of commands in verses 25-32. How does the truth of verses 17-24 impact our obedience of these commands?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called. (ESV)