MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
The Power of Grace
- Pride: The Complete Anti-God State of Mind
- Humility: The Grounds of Favor with God
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Luke 18:9-14. Why does Jesus tell this parable? To whom does he address it? Is this you? Why or why not?
- What are the differences between the Pharisee and the tax collector? Between their prayers? What do we learn about each?
- Consider the Reflection on page 3. How does pride lead to every other vice? How have you seen pride cause enmity in your relationships?
- Why can’t we trust in ourselves to restore a relationship with God?
- What is humility? How does one grow in humility? Why is humility essential for a relationship with God?
Memory Verse of the Week:
James 4:6 God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. (ESV)