MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
John: That You May Believe
- The Setting: Baptism and Purification
- The Secret to John’s Humble Joy
I Am Content
I Am Second
I Am Happy
- Boycott Me: Yielding to Christ in Everything
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read John 3:22-30. What is happening in this passage? What is unusual?
- What are John’s disciples concerned about in verse 26? What sort of attitude or perspective about Jesus do they portray?
- How would you characterize John’s response in verses 27-30?
- Consider the three “I am” statements in the outline. How do these spring from John’s response? Do these encapsulate the secret to a joy-filled life? Why or why not?
- Apply verse 30 to your life. To your salvation. To your family. To your job. To your ministry at church. To whatever trial you face today.
Memory Verse of the Week:
John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease. (ESV)