MESSAGE - Pastor Stephen Sprague
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Acts 8:9-25. What stands out to you from this passage?
- How is Acts 8:9-25 related to 1:8? Why is this significant?
- What disappoints you about the character of Simon? Why?
- How can you relate to the character of Simon?
- Compare Luke 9:52-54 with Acts 8:14-25 and consider the change in the apostle John. How was his opinion of the Samaritans changed? How can you cultivate love for the unlovable?
Memory Verse of the Week:
James 3:16-17 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. (ESV)