MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
John: That You May Believe
- Jesus Escapes the Trap
- The Woman Escapes the Trap
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read John 7:53-8:11. Why do you think is this passage so loved by Christians?
- In what way are the scribes and Pharisees trapped? What is their way of escape? Do they find it in this passage?
- What does Jesus mean by his statement in verse 7? Read 2 Timothy 3:16. Why should we not use Scripture for condemnation? What is the difference between correction and condemnation?
- Why does Jesus not condemn the woman? Does he condone her sin? Explain. How does this compare with what Paul teaches in Romans 6:1-12?
- What sin do you want to see the preacher or the church to condemn? What is the gospel approach to sin?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? (ESV)