MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Good News of Great Joy
- Expelled by Grace
- Expelled by Promises Kept
- Expelled by the Power of the Spirit
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Luke 1:26-38. Place yourself in Mary’s shoes. How would you respond to the angel’s visit and announcement?
- Why does the angel call Mary “o favored one”? The root word for “favor” (v. 28, 30) is “grace.” Why is this significant? Why does God choose Mary?
- Compare verses 31-33 with Isaiah 9:6-7. What is the significance of this 700 year old prophecy being fulfilled?
- Does Mary lack faith in verse 34? Why or why not?
- Why is the truth of verse 35 so essential for the Gospel?
- How does God expel darkness? What darkness do you face in your life? How will God expel that darkness?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Luke 1:32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David. (ESV)