Jesus vs. the Poor?
MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
John: That You May Believe
Jesus Vs. the Poor?
- Your Money and Worship
- Your Money and the Poor
- Your Money Is Not Your Money
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read John 12:1-11. What catches your attention in this story? What would have been your reaction, if you were invited to this dinner party, to see Mary use the very expensive ointment to anoint Jesus? Be honest.
- How is our use of money connected with our worship of Jesus?
- Does Jesus disregard the care of the poor in this passage? Explain. What does the Bible teach about our money and the poor?
- Why is it essential that we take to heart “my money is not my money”? What does this mean and look like in real life?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (ESV)