MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
God’s Design for the Church
- The Character that Accords with Sound Doctrine
- The Shared Influence in the Church
- The Power of Grace
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Titus 2:1-15. What is “sound doctrine”? What accords with sound doctrine?
- Why are character qualities so important?
- Who has a role in the character development of others in the church community? How do they fulfill this role? What is Titus’s role?
- In verses 4-5 who does the “training” to be self-controlled? In verse 12, who (or what) does the training? How do you reconcile this?
- Consider the definition of spiritual leadership in page 3 (Reflection) in light of Titus 2. Where does God want his people to be? What are God’s means to get people there? What is God’s power to rely upon? What initiative are you taking to be a spiritual leader?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age. (ESV)