MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Judges: Life Without a King
- Othniel and an Established Cycle
- God’s Astonishing Deliverer
- Looking to God in Your Messes
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Judges 3:7-31. What stands out to you from this passage? How would this passage encouraged the original Israelites of the Old Testament?
- What do we learn about the nature of God from this passage? About repentance? About finding deliverance?
- In 3:7 we read that Israel “forgot the Lord their God.” Why is “forgetting” so problematic for faithful living? What can we do to help ourselves “remember”?
- How is God’s anger “good bad news”? How does it bring hope to God’s people?
- When in your own experience have you seen God using unexpected people and/or unpredictable means to do great things?
Memory Verse of the Week:
1 Corinthians 1:26-27 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; (ESV)