MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
John: That You May Believe
- First Glimpse: A Family Saved From Shame
- Second Glimpse: A Foretaste of the New Covenant
- Third Glimpse: Abundant Grace for You
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read John 2:1-12. What does Jesus do in this story? Why is this significant for the wedding family?
- Consider the interchange between Jesus and his mother in verses 3-5. What tone of voice does Jesus have in verse 4? Why?
- What is Jesus’ hour? Compare with John 17:1-5. Who has authority over this hour?
- Read Isaiah 24:6-11 and 25:6-8. How does this miracle in John 2 demonstrate that these prophecies are being fulfilled?
- John wrote in 1:16, “from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.” How does this miracle story fulfill that promise? How have you experienced abundant grace by believing in Jesus?
Memory Verse of the Week:
John 1:16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. (ESV)