Mar 5, 2023 by: John Lee | Series: Ecclesiastes: Living Wisely Under the Sun Scripture: Ecclesiastes 5:1-7 Tags: worship, heart, fear, actions, James 1:19-20, undivided, undistracted, redirected, foolish churchgoer, listening posture, spiritual climate, words
MESSAGE - Pastor John Lee
Ecclesiastes: Living Wisely Under the Sun
- An Undivided Heart
- An Undistracted Heart
- A Redirected Heart
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:1-7. What are the four cautionary commands that the Preacher gives?
- What are some qualities of the foolish churchgoer that the Preacher presents? Which of those qualities are you more prone to fall into?
- V. 1 speaks of the importance of having a posture of listening when we come to worship God. How might our listening (or lack thereof) actually show the spiritual climate of our hearts that might not be so easily seen externally?
- V.2-5 shows the importance of our words and actions. In what ways do our words and actions reveal who or what we actually worship or fear?
- V. 7 presents to us one of the most important themes in Ecclesiastes, to fear God. In what ways is this theme a good and needed reminder? How might listening to the Preacher’s reminder to fear God have you approach and view your life differently?
Memory Verse of the Week:
James 1:19-20 “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.” (ESV)