MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Ephesians: Walk Worthy
- The Transformation of Light
- The Fruit of Light
- The Walk of Light
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Ephesians 5:7-14. In what ways does the Bible use the imagery of light? Consider Genesis 1:3-5; Psalm 119:105; Isaiah 49:6; Matthew 5:14-16; John 3:19-21; John 8:12; 1 John 1:5-7.
- How does this passage from Ephesians fit into the Bible’s teaching on “light”? How can both Jesus and Christians be light?
- What is the fruit of light? Why is this fruit so good and desired?
- How do we walk as children of light? Compare Ephesians 5:10 with Romans 12:1-2.
- Verses 11-13 speak about exposure. In what ways is exposure negative? In what ways is exposure positive? How do Christians expose the unfruitful works of darkness?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Ephesians 5:8 For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light. (ESV)