MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Ephesians: Walk Worthy
- God’s Design for Wives
- God’s Design for Husbands
- God’s Design for the Church
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Ephesians 5:22-33. Why do people not like this passage? How does one’s view of the Bible impact one’s hearing of this passage?
- Chad and Emily Van Dixhoorn define submission in their book Gospel-Shaped Marriage: “Submission is respect that leads to serving.” How does this definition apply to the command in verse 22?
- According to Paul’s examples in verses 25-30, what is love?
- The Van Dixhoorns state, “Ephesians 5 is not an improvement guide for spouses…we are told one another’s duties for the purpose of making their work a joy to them.” If you are married, what can you do different in your marriage to help your spouse fulfill his/her duties?
- Verse 32 is key. According to this verse, what is the purpose of marriage? What happens when we look to marriage for our deepest satisfactions?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Ephesians 5:32 This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. (ESV)