MESSAGE - Pastor John Lee
Ecclesiastes: Living Wisely Under the Sun
- Words of Delight
- Wounds of Delight
- Wholeness and Delight
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Ecclesiastes 12:9-14. The epilogue of Ecclesiastes is really meant as an encouragement to take the whole of the Preacher’s words seriously. What was the Preacher’s great pursuit and purpose in his teachings and words in Ecclesiastes?
- How do the images of “goads” and “nails firmly fixed” in v. 11 relate to what Paul writes in 2 Tim. 3:16-17?
- How does the epilogue summarize everything that the Preacher taught and spoke in Ecclesiastes? How might the world try answer what “the end of the matter” is?
- The epilogue of Ecclesiastes gives two reasons to motivate us to fear God and keep his commandments. What are they?
- Throughout Ecclesiastes, the Preacher has been showing us what fearing God looks like practically under the sun. What are some things from the book of Ecclesiastes that God has been using in your life?
- How does the end of Ecclesiastes wisely draw our hearts to hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ alone?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Matthew 11:28-30 “ Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (ESV)