MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Ephesians: Walk Worthy
- Making Sense of the Bible and Slavery
- The Christ Principle
- The Practical Principles
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Ephesians 6:5-9. Why is a passage like this difficult for modern Bible-readers to interpret and apply today?
- What are some similarities and differences between slavery we see in the Bible and slavery that was practiced in America? How does this impact how we read the Bible?
- Does Paul condone or condemn slavery? Explain.
- Christ is mentioned in every verse in this passage. Why? How does this impact the discussion about relationships between bondservants and masters?
- While it is not a one-to-one comparison, how might the principles of this passage apply to your employment situation, whether you are an employee or an employer?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. (ESV)